This course is for IT professionals who deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and apps across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. Typically, this course’s audience has a desktop-support background, and have worked as Enterprise Desktop Administrators. A significant portion of this audience uses or intends to use Configuration Manager to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and enterprise applications. The Enterprise Desktop Administrator also might use several tools, including the Windows ADK and the MDT to support assessment, operating system, and application deployment tasks. Additionally, this course is for individuals who are interested in taking the MCSE exam 70-695: Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess the network environment to support operating system and application deployment tasks.
- Identify the most appropriate operating system deployment strategy based upon organizational requirements.
- Assess application compatibility issues and identify mitigation solutions to ensure that applications function successfully after an operating system deployment.
- Describe and configure strategies to migrate user state during operating system deployments.
- Determine the most appropriate image management strategy to support operating system and application deployments.
- Describe and use the tools provided in the Windows ADK to prepare for and support automated deployment strategies.
- Identify solutions to support PXE-initiated and multicast solutions when performing operating system deployment tasks.
- Configure an operating system deployment strategy by using the MDT.
- Configure an operating system deployment strategy using Configuration Manager.
- Integrate the MDT with Configuration Manager to support operating system deployment procedures.
- Implement volume license activation and configuration settings for client computers.
- Customize and deploy Microsoft Office 2016 to an enterprise network environment, and describe how to use the Windows ICD.