Report Writing Strategy
- How people read and what are the implications for an author?
- What do you need to consider before writing?
- What is the ideal structure of a technical writing or report?
- How to think of your purpose to make your writing activity easier
- What is the ideal tense to use in report writing?
- When should you write in first-person, second-person or third-person?
- What are the common persuasion tactics employed by authors?
- What are the differences between direct and indirect approaches to persuasion?
- When should you go for global view in contrast with the details?
- When should you explain complex content in contrast with simple content?
- How to sequence your content based on common dimensions, such as urgency, importance and chronology
Collecting and Organising Content
- What is the most effective way to prepare content for writing reports?
- How to exploit the visual power of your brain through mind maps and organise your content
- How to increase your creativity using simple yet powerful tools and techniques
Styling and Presentation
- How to use headings
- How to increase the visual impact of your presentation to get maximum effect
- How to use tables, graphs, bullet points, margins, etc. to enhance your message
- What are the most effective styles such as fonts, font sizes, effects, paginations and line spacing? How to use these styles to make your message clearer, without distracting the reader through overuse of these effects.
Increasing the Impact through Language
- How to deliver your message as quickly and clearly as possible
- What are the common techniques employed by professional writers in delivering an engaging text?
- How to make your message viral
- How to avoid vague writing that can lead to misunderstanding
- How to use technical terms to serve your message
- What is an ideal tone to convince a reader and keep him engaged?
- How to sequence your statements to make them more convincing
Using Clear English
- How to increase the clarity of your English using simpler sentence structures
- How to use action verbs
- How to warm up the reader before explaining potentially complex topics
High Impact Summaries
- How to structure executive summaries
- How to plan summaries to get best results
- Which areas need more focus and are read more frequently?
Writing Titles that Grab Attention
- How to use proven formulas used by mass media to create engaging titles
- How to create catchy or descriptive headlines
Selling Your Ideas
- How to write to sell
- How to structure your text to convince your audience of your cause
- How to appeal to emotions